1. Allow using your mic and camera on your browser
- Once join the event, you will receive a pop-up window like below from the browser you are using, please press "Allow"
- We will not use the interpreters' video feed even tho you do need to allow the use of it from your browser.
2. Test your mic
- Check the top-right corner of your screen, this bar should be moving when you speak into your microphone.
- Please note to unmute yourself when testing
3. Soundcheck & Live technical support
Opens a private chat with the BoostEvents staff for soundcheck and technical support.
4. The green dot
Shows you are connected as the broadcasting interpreter.
5. Booth Target
The booth target is the language you are interpreting into.
For example, the pic below shows you are interpreting in French.
**very important** for Bidirectional booth:
Only the active interpreter should control the Booth Target when changing language direction.
- It is a shared target for booth partner
- When the booth target is changed by one booth partner, the other sees the change in their interface.
6. Engage Booth Target
The system reminds you if you haven't engaged your booth
Turn on the booth by selecting a target language
See different statuses after engaging the booth target
7. Your Source
The source is the language you are listening to.
For example, the pic below shows you are listening to the Floor language.
- The default Source is Floor
- For the relay, the pivot language is chosen by selecting an alternative language under 'Source'
- Please note other languages are available depending on the event setup
The system reminds you if you selected the same Source and Target.
8. Booth partner status
Easily switch the microphone with the booth partner (if the bi-directional booth is enabled).
See the status of your booth partner:
- Broadcasting - Active interpreting; only hears source language
- Available - Muted by default; waiting to switch; hears source language & booth partner interpreting
- Offline - Waiting to be connected
- Idle - Mic and/or Camera blocked
9. Microphone Handover
You can only switch if your booth partner is online (Available)
10. Volume settings
The live interpreter can only hear the Source
The inactive interpreter can hear both the Source and Booth Partner
11. Slow down request
Access the settings from the top-right 3 dots
Choose in which language all of the features will be displayed including on the portal or login process.
Speaker & Microphone settings
- Press to leave the event and go back to the login page.
- Please note that signing out does not stop the event.
13. Chat channels
- Choose the one you would like to chat with in any language (learn more about the chat channels).
- is opened by Default - the closed chat with the booth partner.
- To translate the Chats and Polls that you receive
14. Event slides
They will be shown on the screen if they are uploaded in advance.
17. Magnifying glass
The event slides or video feed of the active speaker will go on full-screen when pressed.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.