As a moderator, you have the following features at your convenience:
1. Start the event
There will be 30 seconds countdown when pressing the start button. Only the moderator can Start/ Pause/ End the event.
2. Pause the event
The event will be paused immediately when pressing the Pause button.
3. Record the Event
4. End the event
**Important: cannot re-enter**
- DO NOT end the event if you only want to pause it. Once ended, cannot re-enter.
- Stop all video & audio.
- Completely ends the event
5. The Speaker list
See who joins the event at the moment
Press to see the list of all speakers and their connection status.
Mute / Unmute all
Assign the floor
Assign the floor and take it back whenever you wish.
By default, up to 13 Speakers can be shown on the main screen
You can press the arrow next to a speaker's name to make that person available on the screen; this will replace some speakers who were on-screen before.
Numbers in front of the Speakers' name
You can see the order in which Speakers are requesting the floor; the lower the number the earlier they requested it
6. Choose the audio interpretation language
- Choose the language you will be listening to
- Advise all participants to choose their preferred language in the meeting
- Different languages will be available at the event depending on your needs
7. Pick a background
Choose a background that you like:
8. Microphone and Camera
Mic icon - Press to mute and unmute your microphone
Camera icon - Press to turn on and off your own camera
9. Test your mic
- The top right bar should be moving when you speak into your microphone.
- Please note that you will be broadcasting when the floor is given to you.
10. Chat channels
- Choose the one you would like to chat with in any language (learn more about the chat channels).
- To translate the Chats and Polls that you receive
11. Live technical support
Opens a private chat with the BoostEvents staff for technical support; Our team may also initiate this.
12. Control Event slides
The moderator can move slides for speakers, but ideally, we should leave it to the active speaker to do so.
13. Share your screen & Play videos
14. Interpretation Booth Status
- List of interpretation language available at the event.
- You can check if interpreters have engaged their booths here
When interpreters are not connected or targeting a language the language channels will be appearing greyed out. The interpreters will be available from the official event start.
After interpreters engage the booth, the available languages for the event will appear there
15. Audience Status
- List and count of all audience members connected to the event.
- They can only follow the audio, video, and chat, but cannot be seen or heard until they request to be promoted to the Speaker role.
16. Event slides
They will be shown on the screen if they are uploaded in advance.
17. Magnifying glass
The event slides or video feed of the active speaker will go on full-screen when pressed.
Access the settings from the top-right 3 dots
Choose in which language all of the features will be displayed including on the portal or login process.
Speaker & Microphone settings
Sign Out (only if needed)
- Press to leave the event and go back to the login page.
- Please note that signing out does not stop the event.
19. Live Polling
You can create, draft, and publish or vote in live polls
- Only Moderators can create polls
- Draft- Create multiple polls and save them for later
- Published- Hit PUBLISH to share them with participants. Once published, cannot recall.
4 polling configurations
- Whether Voters’ names are hidden or visible
- Whether Results visible only to moderators or everyone
20. Breakout Rooms
Please write to email@example.com if you have any questions.